Thursday, May 1, 2014


May is here and May is National Cancer Research Month in the US.


Heather, a survivor of mesothelioma, contacted me asking me if I 
would be part of spreading awareness of mesothelioma on my blog. 
And my answer was of course “yes, absolutely” 

Heather was at age 36 diagnosed with mesothelioma.  She was given 15 
months to live – but 8 years later she is still here !!  
Since her diagnosis one of Heather’s personal missions has been to 
spread awareness of this rare, preventable disease. 

Please take a few minutes out of your day to visit Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance 
where you will find a lot of information about the disease, about asbestos exposure etc.
You will also find a link to Heather and her husband’s blog about their journey 
with mesothelioma. Please stop by and read Heather’s story about not 
just being a survivor of mesothelioma but also being a mother and wife.
As Heather wrote to me: 
“From awareness grows hope. Each voice could save a life” 
and I am happy to share this on House of Danish Marie. 

Have a wonderful start to the month of May 

***


No comments:

Post a Comment